GOLDEN CIRCLE TOUR
The Golden Circle includes the greatest tourist attractions in Iceland, covering about 300 km looping from Reykjavík into central Iceland and back.
- Thingvellir: This pivotal landmark connects all the major events in the founding of the Icelandic commonwealth. It’s also considered the best place on earth to view the North Atlantic divergent ridge.
- Friðheimar horse farm visit: You will visit the stablewhere you can get a presentation about the horse. The Icelandic horse is known for its diversity of gaits, coat colors, strength, health, and good spirit. Enjoy a cup of tea/coffee while seeing the horse show and be mesmerised by the gaits.
- Geysir: The namesake of the English “geyser”, is actually dormant these days. But its little brother Strokkur remains active and erupts every 3-4min with spouts as high as 20 meters.
- Gullfoss: It’s easy to see why this was deemed the most beautiful of Iceland’s 30.000 waterfalls.
- Kerið: Kerið is a striking crater-lake filled with milky blue-green water amid stark black and deep red slopes. Geologists now believe it to be a collapsed magma chamber at the end of a volcanic eruption that occurred more than 6,000 years ago
- Of course we are always prepared for an extra stop or photo ops along the way.
Group size: max. 17 guests, providing a more intimate experience, more flexibility, more free time and more spontaneous encounters than travelling in big groups.
- Bus fare
- Guided tour
- Admission to Kerið
- Efstidalur tasty farm-to-table food products. Best Ice cream in Iceland.
The duration of the tour is 8 hours.