The Golden Circle includes the greatest tourist attractions in Iceland, covering about 300 km looping from Reykjavík into central Iceland and back.
- Thingvellir: This pivotal landmark connects all the major events in the founding of the Icelandic commonwealth. It’s also considered the best place on earth to view the North Atlantic divergent ridge.
- Efstidalur farm owned by the same family since 1850 focuses on cattle farming, tourism and horse breeding. Enjoy their tasty farm-to-table food products, the spectacular mountain view and the friendly farm animals.
- Geysir: The namesake of the English “geyser”, is actually dormant these days. But its little brother Strokkur remains active and erupts every 3-4min with spouts as high as 20 meters.
- Gullfoss: It’s easy to see why this was deemed the most beautiful of Iceland’s 30.000 waterfalls.
- Kerið: Kerið is a striking crater-lake filled with milky blue-green water amid stark black and deep red slopes. Geologists now believe it to be a collapsed magma chamber at the end of a volcanic eruption that occurred more than 6,000 years ago
- Of course we are always prepared for an extra stop or photo ops along the way. And if we’re lucky, we’ll get to pull over to feed any Icelandic horses at the side of the road.
Group size: max. 15 guests, providing a more intimate experience, more flexibility, more free time and more spontaneous encounters than travelling in big groups.
- Bus fare
- Guided tour
- Admission to Kerið
- Efstidalur tasty farm-to-table food products. Best Ice cream in Iceland.
The duration of the tour is 8 hours.